Internship Fees & Payment
The cost of the Internship is US $ 2,500.00 plus 19% tax
Included in the Internship Program
- Accommodation. Students will be housed at Anthony's Key Resort in bungalow style cabins with twin bunks and on-suite bathroom. Expect 3-4 students per room. Rooms are not coed.
- Meals. A full meal service is included and with advance notice we can accommodate special dietary restrictions.
- All lab and classroom fees.
- Field trips and excursions off site.
- All diving, tanks and weights. Students will typically make 2- 3 dives a day.
- Internet access.
- An in-depth encounter and swim with our resident population of dolphins.
- Airport transfers on Roatan.
- All applicable taxes.
Not Included in the Internship Program
- Airfare. (Our reservations office can help assist you in making your flight reservations. (contact information is found at bottom of page.)
- Dive Equipment. Students must have their own mask, fins and snorkel. Wetsuits are not required but are recommended. Dive computers and UW dive lights are also strongly recommended. BCDs and regulators are available to rent on site and at discounted rate for students.
- Roatan Marine Park User's Fee of US$10.00
- License to Hunt Lionfish. This liscense is optional but required if you wish to help with the Roatan Marine Park Management Plan. The cost for the workshop, spear & license is US$50.00
- All beverages other than water, tea, coffee, milk and juices.
- Personal entertainment expenses.
- Laundry services (inexpensive off site & same day laundry services are available).
- Medical Insurance. All students are required to purchase DAN diving insurance and need to ensure that their medical insurance policy has adequate overseas medical coverage.
- Gratuities. While not mandatory you will get to know many members of the local support staff during the month you are here and any tips you wish to leave will be appreciated.
- Tuition fees*
*Please Note: RIMS does not grant academic credit. Should you wish to get research or independent study credit for the Internship Program you should contact your Academic Advisor or Study Abroad office to arrange academic credit, course fees and payment schedule for the Internship Program.
Payment is due in full by 5:00 pm EST on June 15th, 2016. Failure to complete payment will lead to loss of your spot, which may then be opened up and offered to another student.
Payments will be made our stateside reservations office Please contact Rosie Chavez. She is our stateside RIMS Reservation Coordinator and will handle all payment transactions.
RIMS Reservation Coordinator
699 South Federal Hwy
Hollywood, Fl 33020